I aimed to be a pediatrician
I dreamt to be a fashion designer
I got selected as an computer engineer
C++ my Brain loved
Java my training happened
Mainframe project is what I got
After all these experiments is when I realized that this is not my cup of tea.. I am good at people language not computer language
Explored PMO roles, HR categories, Resource management teams and finally fit into the right cup as a training and development professional!
8 years in L&D : from “Oh.. Just a training coordinator” expression till “wow, faculty!!” I have experienced all reactions. I was into the best teams where I was never allowed to get settled into a comfort zone. I enjoyed my work , with flexibility most of the times, stress levels sometimes but the ladder never had a destination, even now there is always a path to climb.
10years : finally it is a double digit number. During business meetings and leadership connects, whenever the question of experience comes, I mostly would be the junior. So I used to say 6.2 years as 7, 7.5 as 8.. Today it is 10. Wow 🙂 And yet there will always be seniors whom I look up to and to whom I will be junior.
On personal front, I could recall
- the pride in my dad’s face
- encouragement from mom’s voice
- a strong friendship with my life partner who always gives a thumbs up when I wanna try
- the baby cries of my children as I say them bye leaving to work
- the happy admiration my son shares when I celebrate an achievement at work
- And many many friends with whom I have had long never ending conversations, learnt a lot which keeps moulding me interestingly.
There is also a humble pride I recall today.. The width I have explored in these 10 years :
- Explored different support function roles
- As a passion, the talkative me saw the radio jockey and took my VANI certification, enjoyed 2 years of RJing
- Each time after my maternity leave, the 70 kg me conducted dance classes for little kids for free which burnt my weight to 55 kg
- A blogger who started small articles slowly participated in forums and contests, won many. Explored writing articles on websites mostly startups
- The next road on blogger avatar led me to become an author, published my first book this year, GET READY LADY, a self help book for women joining work after career break. Working on my next book now
- The author avatar helped me meet various new passionate achievers, multiple motivational talks to women who wanted a little push to take their next step. Ah the happiness when we motivate others when required 🙂
- Got my short video talks and interviews published on various women empowerment forums
- Career wise, the organization vision growth, the team initiatives, all these help on individual growth and new work.
I am no more going to say 10.2 as 11 years. Because when I say 10 years, I will smile knowing the width and every single day I have taken a small step on my career path.
If I recall what I did all these years, I am happy to write one quote
“I am proud about the failures that I have faced,
I tried I failed and I learnt!!!
I regret only for the things I never tried “