Pettai – a movie made by a Rajni fan
Pettai movie created a nice hype without disclosing any ‘wow’ element of the movie in advance. All we knew was thalaivar’s look, and the huge casting in the movie. And the D day came, 10th Jan, but even before the release , super star’s fans might have booked multiple shows on the first week. We, the fans have a default 10 out of 10 for super star movies. So, the director’s benchmark is to go beyond that and also play the game with this high energy expectation.
Karthik Subburaj – man , we can clearly see such a brilliant brain you possess and also the way you have always been a thalaiva fan. Anirudh – the music is custom made for super star. Lyrics and dialogues – can’t be better than this.
Though recent previous super star movies were also good, what was missing was they had little “Rajni moments”. Dear directors of Super star movies, we , thalaivar fans will be happy to have a nice story, good screenplay. But, that is the expectation for every movie. When you direct with super star, NEVER EVER cut down on “Super star moments”. The feeling is a high we get, so don’t have Rajni entry scene so casually, because we will be waiting to see that entry scene for 5 minutes, and clapping nonstop adoring his style of walk and entry. Karthik Subbaraj has hit sixer on the first ball by understanding this psycology of fans (well, he is one too). So, this movie is loaded with all Rajni moments we loved.
Now, let me just try to list down them for you.
- Entry scene
- The eyes close up
- Naan veezhven endru ninaithayo
- The comedy with hostel mess supervisor
- Beating the bench, power at his style
- Entry into hostel with chicken , that walk and his face expression
- The stylish fear he creates to the boys
- The pose with hands behind
- Tapping his jacket
- Correcting glasses while meeting Mangalam
- Close your eyes – no no its nice
- Chinni jeyanth scene
- The anger
- Catching the football casual and firm
- Ulle po moment
- Lion hunting alone when the attack comes
- Emotional scenes discovering
- Meesai Rajni dance
- Killing with style and dance
- Taking a new born for first time – wow his acting emotions, will melt us
- The crazy fight scenes
- The last scene
- kutty kadhai
- Shooting the chairs
- dominating Singaram and everyone in flashback
- Fighting against wrong
- the karate belt fight prep up
- The prep of first major fight
- Bobby Simha house
- Checking with vegetable shop boy
- Punch dialogues
and more .. Wait, I need to watch the movie again.. and again .. and again… so that I dont miss mentioning any more points. Bye, off to movie.. #Getrajnified
Petta is indeed a ‘carnival’ in theatre. Do not miss the emotion of watching the movie, getting the energy together with 100 more fans along. You can see jumping, clapping, guys and girls whistling, elders giving big smile and saying ‘wah’. It is a celebration and the moment is to be experienced and felt. Karthik Subbaraj… hats off again!