So, my birthday blog series continues, today’s focus is my expert area.. Birthday ideas for him. Coming from a very expressive family, I always planned his birthdays like some project work, with passion of course. Sometimes it was a shock for him, sometimes weird, sometimes unbelievable but mostly enjoyable ones. With all that trial and errors and success, lemme write simple seven tips for you to plan you guy’s birthday special.
- The basic category : key chains, dresses, shoes, handy notebooks, these are some basic stuffs, guys would usually find cool getting these as a gift. So, choose based on your man’s interest and gift it on his birthday to make him feel cool.
- The customized category : if your man is a sports lover / gadget lover / holiday lover / finance lover – get a customized gift planned.. This will be a real aaaw surprise as this is his area of interest. I have got tennis rackets, DSLR camera, badminton shoes, a fixed deposit once too 🙂 his shopaholic wife save money to plan a fixed deposit was indeed a nice surprise for him. So think, what will that special interest of ur guy and go hunt your gift there
- The fun category : men wanna have all the fun, though we don’t let them mostly 😉 but birthday is supposed to have a party, a fun moment. So, call their friends or maybe some party music with kids, a little song list for him, the cake comes there. The intensity of craziness in party should depend on his level. Some don’t like a big hungama, some love such party peps, some are moody and be prepared 🙂
- The space needed : Let it be a fever or a birthday, men need some space for them to chill out, some space to get wishes from their friends or colleagues and get some ‘me’ time. Bugging the birthday boys with loads of love is definitely not gonna be welcomes, so give them some space and allow him to enjoy his day in his way
- The surprise category : surprising a lady and surprising a man are two different poles. When she opens the door, a room full of flowers will surprise her but the same will not be a hit to surprise him. A little thrill and adventure will make it a surprise. Out of the big list I have done, planning a water theme trip as a surprise is on his favorite number. He wasn’t aware where we are heading to, how many places in total. I just informed in advance to apply leaves during his birthday and informed about a trip coming. Waterfalls dudhsagar, river rafting dandeli, scuba murudeshwar, houseboat allepey, elephant waterfalls kumuli were planned for entire week. It is indeed a great memory for us. Important to remember : don’t overdo the surprise.. Give little hints that something is coming up. Else they might have different plans and the surprise will irritate them that amusing.
- The intelligent category : well, intelligence is always a welcome factor. So do some research, show ur brilliance, give a wise gift. Maybe handmade cards or craft or even the travel planner about or painting their beer mug with a mustache theme.. Play around and take charge
- The drama category : of course men cannot handle a lot of drama but girls will be girls. So have your own dramatic wish planned,. Some men considered cake itself as a dramatic element of birthday. I created a video collection from his close friends and our family friends and played it during his birthday. Was a nice wish moment and now after 4 years it feels all dramatic. But that’s okay, sometimes these dramas make the day vibrant.
So ladies.. The key ingredient is love and your quest to make his birthday interesting made you read this blog. Trust me, it’s not simple yet not that complicated. Keep the above points, go planning and shopping a little in advance.. You can make his day very special and lovely.
Read my blogs on birthday series on link below
Simple Seven Tips : Birthday ideas for kids
Whats the big hullah bullah about birthdays
One reply to Simple seven tips : Birthday ideas for him
You should take part in a contest for one of the greatest blogs online. I most certainly will recommend this site!