I aimed to be a pediatrician
I dreamt to be a fashion designer
I got selected as an computer engineer
C++ my Brain loved
Java my training happened
Mainframe project is what I got
After all these experiments is when I realized that this is not my cup of tea.. I am good at people language not computer language
Explored PMO roles, HR categories, Resource management teams and finally fit into the right cup as a training and development professional!
8 years in L&D : from “Oh.. Just a training coordinator” expression till “wow, faculty!!” I have experienced all reactions. I was into the best teams where I was never allowed to get settled into a comfort zone. I enjoyed my work , with flexibility most of the times, stress levels sometimes but the ladder never had a destination, even now there is always a path to climb.
10years : finally it is a double digit number. During business meetings and leadership connects, whenever the question of experience comes, I mostly would be the junior. So I used to say 6.2 years as 7, 7.5 as 8.. Today it is 10. Wow 🙂 And yet there will always be seniors whom I look up to and to whom I will be junior.
On personal front, I could recall
- the pride in my dad’s face
- encouragement from mom’s voice
- a strong friendship with my life partner who always gives a thumbs up when I wanna try
- the baby cries of my children as I say them bye leaving to work
- the happy admiration my son shares when I celebrate an achievement at work
- And many many friends with whom I have had long never ending conversations, learnt a lot which keeps moulding me interestingly.
There is also a humble pride I recall today.. The width I have explored in these 10 years :
- Explored different support function roles
- As a passion, the talkative me saw the radio jockey and took my VANI certification, enjoyed 2 years of RJing
- Each time after my maternity leave, the 70 kg me conducted dance classes for little kids for free which burnt my weight to 55 kg
- A blogger who started small articles slowly participated in forums and contests, won many. Explored writing articles on websites mostly startups
- The next road on blogger avatar led me to become an author, published my first book this year, GET READY LADY, a self help book for women joining work after career break. Working on my next book now
- The author avatar helped me meet various new passionate achievers, multiple motivational talks to women who wanted a little push to take their next step. Ah the happiness when we motivate others when required 🙂
- Got my short video talks and interviews published on various women empowerment forums
- Career wise, the organization vision growth, the team initiatives, all these help on individual growth and new work.
I am no more going to say 10.2 as 11 years. Because when I say 10 years, I will smile knowing the width and every single day I have taken a small step on my career path.
If I recall what I did all these years, I am happy to write one quote
“I am proud about the failures that I have faced,
I tried I failed and I learnt!!!
I regret only for the things I never tried “
Continuing to climb on my career ladder, wish me Good luck to keep trying, keep failing and keep succeeding 🙂
15 replies to 10th year work anniversary
Nice knowing about your 10 years of enterprising career..
Getting motivated is one thing. But motivating others is a league in itself.. Keep doing that. And keep trying.
Generally there are no failures for those who keep trying, only setbacks that will lead them to something better..
Keep going in this wonderful journey…
Thank u so much for a constant motivator with your feedback..
You’re welcome.. And afterall, every creator deserves some motivation 🙂
Congrats Narmadha on completing 10 yrs with TCS! 🙂
Thank u 🙂
Congratulations ma’am !! It’s nice to know your IT journey and people’s path and all that keeps you happy. Stay blessed 🙂
I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but great
topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding
more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this information for my mission.
Hello colleagues, nice article and nice urging commented here, I am actually enjoying by these.
Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after
I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not
writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say great blog!
Wonderful article! We will be linking to this great post
on our site. Keep up the good writing.
Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe that this web site needs a lot more
attention. I’ll probably be returning to read through
more, thanks for the advice!
Hi there to every one, as I am truly keen of reading this webpage’s post to be updated daily.
It carries nice material.
Fastidious replies in return of this question with genuine arguments and describing the
whole thing regarding that.
Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished
to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
In any case I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!