The last generation of humans born when social media wasn’t there but now dwelling inside one is we… Gen X. Generations who are born and brought up with social media have a different view. It’s like washing machine and television for the 80s and 90s kids. Casual, normal and no big hungama about it. But, those who are not born with it and later social media became a big christmas gift which we are trying to adapat find social media as this strange gadget, sometimes nice to have, sometimes scared to have, sometimes can’t stay without it etc. On an average, I have marked them into 5 categories, (no offense, read with a light heart) If someone pops up in your mind, oh yeah, give that wicked laughter 😉
1. Account opened : These are group of people who have opened a Facebook or insta or Twitter account just because the society demands and it was a peer pressure. Now a days, even in many resumes and online forms, they ask for social media profile name. So, they basically create an account and vanish away. They are peaceful in a way, not much aware and staying as ignorance is bliss concept! Also, when they have to discuss on this topic, they can switch between “oh yes, i am on social media” / “I just have an account ya, not much there” – this can be based on the folks who are part of their conversation. What a wise owl they are!
2. Active reader : The most actively engaged, ‘always online’ category. They do not posts more, rather nothing but they read the news feed and updates every few minutes. They ponder upon everyone’s posts but never clicks the like button or share their comment back. Their hunger gets filled reading others yet they always feel that they are on the safer side as they think they have updates on everyone’s life but their life remains closer. They are also proud about this maturity they have. Look at him and her – sharing everything about their life. I never show my life out (Boss, don’t assume what you see on news feed is only happening on their lives). Such a fishy fox.
3. Active activist : They are group of people who are kind of obsessed with social media and honestly they enjoy this era. So, they don’t mind using all the features and apps there. They feel excited posting “feeling fresh after brushing today”, their photo gallery will have 100 pictures in each album and they don’t care. They use all the games tagged, join the groups. Those who like the pics, they cuddle them in their comments, those who don’t, they don’t bother. They might be aware about privacy issues and safety in social media, but the joy of sharing their happy moments and being their own brand ambassador gives them a high. Such a dolly dinosaurs, flaunting around!
4. Social service : Now there are group of folks on social media, who are suddenly patriotic, kind and helpful on social media. They have their social media account to share their views on political news, child missing, blood group required, donation camps and save the world from pollution and posts on go green etc. I wish they are this kind and does something meaningful in real Life too. I don’t say they don’t do.. I just say, I wish 🙂 those visionary vultures!
5. Judgemental analyst : If someone doesn’t fall into the above 4 categories, they can be tagged here. Even if they fall into one of the above, still they might also sub tag themselves in this category. They try to keep themselves balanced, like once in a while likes and comment. Rarely some posts, but they also spend their time on social media to form opinions about people. They are rich source of advice on what mistake you make on social media. Sit with them for a tea chat and bring this topic, they will submit a detailed analysis report on people’s life. But, trust me, they should ideally thank the other categories for entertaining them. They are also good in easy judgements like, oh he is a pervert, look at the groups he is in, she is mad, look at her open Comments on social media. Eeww, their childhood ambition might have been becoming a detective which they fulfill now. Pokey giraffe!
Oops, that was too much, nick naming the categories here. But remember, I also fall into one of these, my family and friends I love also belong. This is just the generation hungama. The millennials and even Gen present generation is growing up with those maturity or maybe social media is becoming an integral part of their life, they are dealing with it better. There will be great changes at a bigger rate. And the curiosity is what next!
But let us, the Gen X not complicate this new toy we have in hand. Let us use it in whatever way it eases us, it fits us. But let’s not throw stones at each other and make a mess. We notice people passing comments on those who don’t post, those who post often, those who tag many, those who share forwards. Let them do whatever they want. If you can’t take it, there is always an ‘unfriend’ button.
Be an owl, dinosaur, fox, vulture, giraffe as you wish but do not disturb the other categories and let people deal with their lives, love and mess! Let us just adore what we have in hand! 🙂
19 replies to Social media users
Wow, amazing weblog format! How long have you ever been running a blog for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall glance of your web site is wonderful, as well as the content!
Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but,
I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some recommendations for
your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way,
great site and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.
Contact page is there, do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m curious to find out what blog system you have been utilizing?
I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I would like to find something more safeguarded.
Do you have any solutions?
I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers however this paragraph is truly a nice post,
keep it up.
It’s truly very complicated in this active life to listen news on Television,
so I just use web for that reason, and get the most up-to-date information.
Informative article, exactly what I needed.
Hello! I simply would like to offer you a big thumbs
up for your great info you have here on this post.
I am coming back to your site for more soon.
Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to
and you are simply extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have obtained here,
really like what you’re stating and the way in which
wherein you are saying it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to take care of
to stay it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you.
This is actually a tremendous web site.
Glad 🙂 Thank you
Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long)
so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything.
Do you have any points for novice blog writers? I’d genuinely appreciate it.
Hi to all, it’s actually a fastidious for me to go to
see this web page, it consists of valuable Information.
Attractive portion of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually loved account your blog posts.
Any way I’ll be subscribing on your augment or even I
success you get admission to persistently quickly.
It’s impressive that you are getting thoughts from this piece of
writing as well as from our dialogue made at this time.
Thanks for a marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it,
you might be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog
and will often come back in the future. I want to encourage you
continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!
Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the amazing spirit.
Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your site, how
could i subscribe for a weblog website? The account aided
me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this
your broadcast offered shiny clear concept
I love what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the very good works guys I’ve included you
guys to blogroll.
First of all I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question which
I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to
find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.
I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my ideas out.
I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to
15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips?